Thursday, January 13, 2011

This is me and what makes me this way.

Lyrics:
'Cause I ain't a doll
This ain't a dollhouse
You're way too old to be
Putting me down like this
And playing around like this
I ain't a doll
This ain't a dollhouse
No I could never be
Stuck living life like this
Behind these four walls
I ain't a doll
(Dollhouse by Priscilla Renea)
I am Nora Helmer.  I am fairly young, married with three children.  Well, was married I should say.  Anybody  who saw my husband and I from the outside would have said that we were happily married.  Like I said, they saw us from the outside.  The truth my husban lives up to the expectations of our society, but I feel traped by them.  On the inside I was dying to break free which is what I did.
Lyrics:
Can't explain the who or what I was
Trying to believe
What would you do?
What would you do?
Do you know?
I once had a grip on everything
It feels better to let go
(I'm not over by Carolina Liar)
  So here you are dear reader.  Here is an insite into the real Nora =).  As in independant person I am finding I am quite strong, afterall I did have the strength to leave my children.  I am confident that I will be just fine making my own way in this world.



The people I used to spend my time with all thought I acted childish or treated me like one. For example my husban used to call me by little pet names like "Is that my little squirrel rusteling?" or "Is that my little skylark twittering out there?".   But really I don't know how they could have seen me as anything different.  They assumed I was childlike, and eager to keep everyone happy I played along.  It was them who made me this way.  

Lyrics:
When you tell me I'm a wreck
You say that I'm a mess
How could you expect anything less?
You latched onto me then cried that I strung you along
I told you when you asked
I knew this wouldn't last
At least I could be honest about that
And now you're telling everyone
How I only did you wrong
I guess you never knew me at all

(Tell Me I'm a Wreck by Every Avenue)


No comments:

Post a Comment